Monday, November 12, 2012

Reflections


Looking back I have learned you never know where life is going to take you.  I never would have guessed I would be living on the water in Key West one day, although I had always dreamed of tropical breezes, palm trees, sand, sun and being close to the ocean since I was a teenager.  Although I miss the company of my family and friends dearly, I cannot say I regret moving to Key West.  There is no better place for reflecting, relaxing, and inspiration.  We can take the boat out whenever we want and explore and enjoy the vast waters around Key West and the Florida Keys.  It changes daily, between the ever changing water, sun and clouds, never ceasing to amaze you.  Nothing can replace the joy and happiness of watching a little boy with a keen eye spot and get excited about all the creatures in and around the water. 

What I really reflect on is how life can change in an instant and it keeps moving whether you want it to or not, much like the water and waves of the ocean that surrounds me.  There is a lot of ocean out there and there is a lot of life to live.  Always take opportunities and never wonder, what if?  You can always look back and say, well we tried that, but it didn’t work, let’s try something new.  I wake up every day thinking I really live here, wow.  It wasn’t easy getting here, our family has overcome a lot and accomplished even more to make it work, but we love it every day.  I am so proud of the road it took to get here and the path we have yet to follow.  I look forward to continually be inspired by Key West, its community and the waters that surround it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment