Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chair from the Trash, Why My Walls are White, and my Favorite Pop of Color

I always forget to take before pictures until I am about halfway started with a project, but I pulled this chair from the trash down the street (I always get flack for doing this, but then when a project is complete it's a different story).  Anyway, it turns out it is the perfect chair to complete my desk setup.

Since my desk area is in the middle of our living space it had to be clean and pretty, so it was really hard to find a non-invasive desk for the space.  It took me at least a month to pick out this silly desk, and look how simple it is!  The white desk and white walls make a great backdrop for my favorite pop of color, a bright pool blue.  (I have long since lost the paint chip that has the actual color on it, so I would tell you exactly what it is but I can't.)  To tie it all together and the inspiration for the look is a photo I took while we were out on the boat.  I had it printed on a large canvas to hang above the desk.  The lamp on the desk, believe it or not is from PBTeen.  So hopefully it is complete for now, until I get another brilliant idea!




No comments:

Post a Comment