Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Illuminate!


This is a project that was actually done by my sister-in-law as Christmas gifts and I am so jealous that I didn’t think of it because it is so “me” and I love it!  They were definitely a big hit with the family on Christmas Eve.  First of all it begins with one of my favorite things a glass Ball canning jar.  There are so many uses for them and they have such a great look.  Not only that but they also hold up pretty well when dropped (don’t ask how I know, but my middle name is definitely not “Grace”).

She started with a set of battery powered mini string lights.  She covered the not so pretty battery pack with glittery blue ribbon so the on off switch was still accessible as well as the batteries.  Inside the jar were blue and white and silver small ornaments with sea shells.  She arranged the lights around the shells and ornaments and tied a big glittery blue bow on the outside. 

The fun thing about this is it doesn’t have to be just for Christmas.  Combine craft store sea glass and shells for an everyday coastal look.  They also make great centerpieces for a party.  The possibilities are endless.  I plan on getting a case of jars and some lights and seeing how many designs I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment